Welcome to CMS 8th Grade Math. We will have a great year learning math using various techniques, including an emphasis on computer on-line learning which is a significant part of a new educational approach called Blended Learning. This approach is an effective way for students to learn directly from their teacher and group activities, as well as independently through various on-line learning software systems that offer the student additional resources beyond traditional classroom instruction and can be accessed at home.
. Below is an overall summary of what you can expect from our 8th Grade math class this year.
- Learning new skills and ideas, along with real-world connections.
- Communicating and sharing knowledge and ideas with partners, groups, and the whole class.
- Performing activities and independent practice with online math software and on paper.
- Taking Cornell and Guided notes during direct instruction, along with completing guided and independent practice problems to improve skills and knowledge.
- Using various software online for tests, quizzes, assignments, and exit slips.